Thursday, January 30, 2014

January 30th

Hi guys,

Happy new year, yeah yeah, I know January 31st is tomorrow, but bear with me, this is the first time I am posting this year, infact this is the first time I am posting in two months, so yeah, happy new months and happy new year, hope your dreams come through this year. I have been such a bad blogger on both blogs, but I promise to be better this year.



So I have a question for you guys, does the size of the rock really matter? Yes I am asking about the engagement ring, does it's size really matter. I have been in a couple of conversation where the size of the engagement ring came up as the topic of the conversation, yes I have been in a lot of these conversation, I am at that age where it seems like everybody in the world is getting married. I know a lot of engaged people, either personally or I know someone that knows someone that is engaged, so yes this conversations happen a lot.


Different people have different opinions as to the size of the ring, some believe the that it doesn't really matter, what's important is that you are engaged. Others believe that it must be big enough to be used as a grinding stone for it to be considered a good enough engagement ring. A friend thinks it doesn't really matter, she can do all the serenre with her wedding band, but it's just a band, a plain little circle, my sister on the other hand thinks it should be breathtaking since the band is going to be a bland gold or silver circle.



Personally I am not sure I really care about the size, but the quality is really important to me, after all it could be a big fake rock for all you know, but anyone that looks at a good ring appreciates it quality, not minding whether it's the biggest rock or the smallest rock on earth. This brings me to my second question, should a lady pay or contribute towards the purchase of her engagement ring. I have met people who think it is shameful for a woman to have anything to do with the purchase of her engagement ring, according to most of them, it portrays her as a tad bit desperate, others do not think it means anything and are not bothered if the bride to be is involved in the purchase of her ring. As for me, I wouldn't mind contributing to the purchase of my ring if my fiancé cannot afford a good ring, I am the person that has to wear the ring, I wouldn't be caught dead in a ring that's not up to my standard. I always joke that if he doesn't have enough money to buy me a good ring, then he can just say, 'Iphie, I want to marry you but the ring is the problem'. Me I would jejely answer, yes baby I would marry you, and I would remain ring less until we are both able to raise the money to buy a befitting ring, after all we are getting married, we might as well starting acting as one from the day we decide to be one, hehehe!

What's your take on this guys? Should the size of the ring matter? Does it matter if the bride to be purchases or contributes towards the purchase of her engagement ring? Pick a number ladies, which of these rings take your breath away, you could always show this post to that bobo that has stolen your heart, he would take a hint, *wink wink*.

Love Always,
Iphie
XoXo

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe... little words from a man still single however, I thinks it's a man's responsibility to get that ring. if it's not befitting, it can be used for the significance and who says one can't buy another later and replace the earlier one? It's done everywhere now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please share your thoughts with me.