Thursday, November 28, 2013

November 28th

Dear diary,
We all know or at least have heard about the rule about dating exes or the eleventh commandment as some like to call it. If you haven't heard, it's one of the unwritten laws in girl code, you do not date your friend's ex or someone who has chyked you friend before, at least no without telling her. She can either give you the go ahead or not to date the dude, it's now up to you to decide if you want to save the friendship and forget the dude or date the dude and forget about the friendship!

So we know about that and what to do if you ever find yourself in that situation. But what do you do when a guy that liked you or chyked you, a guy who you never felt anything for starts liking your friend and asks you to hook them up?



I have found myself in this situation a lot of times recently and I have always been confused about what to do. I can honestly say I never liked the guys and I would be glad to hook him up with my friend that he now likes. I love the idea of love and I love to see people happy, if I have a hand in bringing them together even better. Now the problem is, do I tell my friend that the dude I am about hooking her up with is someone that once liked me, but someone I never liked in a romantic sense, someone I never liked enough to date him.

In the last year I have been in this situation a lot and I have chosen to disclose this, but I have also chosen to be silent. In the situation where I told my friend about it, she asked why I didn't like him back and I honestly told her why, I just didn't like him in that sense, to me he was just a big brother. I could already see that she had dismissed him from the direction our conversation was taking, in the end it didn't work and I am certain it had to do with my disclosure. It's sad because the dude actually really liked her, every time we spoke and I brought her up, you could see what he felt for her shining through.

On the other hand where I chose to be silent, it also did not work out, but not because I chose not to disclose it, their differences eventually over shadowed what they felt for each other. Now my problem is that I feel guilty every time I see her, I feel like I betrayed her, I feel like I should have told her.
I am in a similar situation again and I do not know what to do, do I tell her or do I just let it slide and watch where it goes from here. 

What do you guys think I should do?

Love always, 
Iphie
XoXo

1 comment:

  1. Iphie, your thoughts and words! Well I think its best to follow your heart in matters of emotions

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please share your thoughts with me.