Friday, November 1, 2013

November 1st

Dear Diary,
I was up as early as 4:30am today, but that’s cool, I was up for a good reason. My family friend had just found out that she passed her Bar finals, not only did she pass, she passed it very well.

Now if you are a lawyer or if you are related to a lawyer, you would know that wait for your bar final result is one of the most tension filled phase of any lawyer’s life. Just one year at the Nigerian Law School makes a joke of the five years you spent studying law in the university. So yes, I didn’t mind being awake at 4:30am while she calls to all her friends and loved ones to tell them about her result and to find out how the had fared, I had been there before, so I understood quite well.

It took me back to the day I found out I was eligible to be called to the Nigerian Bar. I found out at the airport, on my way to NYSC camp that I had passed my bar finals. That has to be one of the happiest days of my life.

I was at the airport with my dad and sister, when a friend asked me if I had seen my result, I hadn’t, the result was meant to come out the next day but it was out a day early. So I proceeded to check it on my phone, but by the time I it was getting to the result page I was so nervous, so I passed it to my dad to see and tell me. That was a really big risk, what if I had failed, I wouldn’t even have gotten the opportunity to break their hearts nicely. When my dad said, “Iphie you made it, you had a 2:2”, I broke into tears at the airport not minding the attention I was drawing to myself.

My parents couldn’t have been prouder if I made a first class. That year had been a trying year for me and so passing the bar finals with even a pass was proof that I hadn’t let it drown me. The fact that I had made my parents happy was enough for me. I couldn’t imagine having to write the bar part two again. What has been the most tension filled moment of your life, mine was the wait for my bar part 2 result.
So now you see why I wasn’t mad that I had to be up that early.
On that note, I am off to bed; I have some sleep to catch up on.
Oh and happy new month guys, may all your dreams come through in November!!!

Love always,
Iphie,
XoXo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please share your thoughts with me.